On this episode of the Multiply! Podcast, we're talking about
one of the best parts of youth ministry: camp. Today, Brian is
joined by Tommy Sewall (Director of Word of Life Snowcamp and The
Island) and Kyle Gray (Director of Word of Life Florida Youth
Camp). Listen in as they talk about the impact of camp ministry as
well as what makes Word of Life camps unique.
- Goal is to see student’s lives changed
- Creates a new environment that is outside of their comfort
- Exposure to God’s Word multiple times daily
- Doing things bigger and crazier than normal youth group
What do I want to get out of camp?
- Life change through the gospel and the Word of God
Mission’s trip or camp?
- Why not both?
- Where are my students at?
- Are my students being challenged to grow in their personal walk
with the Lord?
- Camp at Word of Life is very evangelistic
- Use camp as a launching pad for a launching
What makes WOL camp different?
- Focus on the Word of God and the gospel and challenging them to
- Word of Life counselors
- Both the platform ministry and personal ministry are the
- We take having fun very seriously
“Every life reached and changed for eternity” WOL Florida Youth
“Every camper, next step, with Jesus” WOL Island
WOL Summer Camp Theme: “Forward – Take the Risk”
“A risk without accountability is just a resolution waiting to
fail”- Kyle Gray
Worship Arts Week (WOL Island) – July 15-21, 2018
Camp Crew - https://camps.wol.org/youth-camps/camp-crew/
Scholarship Program to help with financial needs - https://camps.wol.org/scholarship/